Monday 23 April 2018

Weekend Wanderings

Autumn is finally here! The nights are chilly and it is time to swap over to winter pyjamas. Today I am featuring one of my favourite pieces,  the Three Hearts Bath Tray.

Detail of the Three Hearts Bath Tray

Here it is in action! Hearts and bubbles bath time. 

These runners underneath prevent the bath tray from slipping in to the bath

Meanwhile, the chickens are happy to see the updated flooring in their hen house. Did you know that chickens have their own language? It is easy to understand when you have been amongst them for awhile. When I was pulling out all the old flooring there were mutterings of "What is happening? This can't be good, oh dear, I don't know"... while shooting me direct stares with their almost un-nerving eyes.

Rooster and his girls inspecting the up-dated hen house.
Then when I finished the new flooring they slowly wandered in (except for Blackie who ran in to be the first in the feed bin). There were alarmed clucks of "What is this? Where is my straw, this looks suspicious". I put two different nests back in for the girls, one behind the feed bin and one down on the ground against the wall. Sunday morning I was rewarded for my thoughtfulness when I saw that Lumpy had made a completely new one in the straw in between the two perches... You can see her in the photo above at the back of the hen house quietly plotting her new nest site. 

When we have enough of the necessary pallet wood, Rob makes these Day Beds. He is working on one now to be ready for sale.




It takes him about two days to complete. Because the timber is rough pallet wood he first has to put each piece through the thicknesser several times to make it nice and smooth. This takes about 3 hours. We like our pallet furniture to be comfortable and splinter free so it is certainly worth it. This one fits a single size mattress.


Rob using the thicknesser.




Meanwhile, my news from the garden is that the hot compost I featured earlier is nearly ready. I will post photos for you when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...