Tuesday 27 March 2018

The Joy of Transformation


If there is one thing in this world that I absolutely love, it is the power of transformation. Taking pallet timber that was destined for nothing but landfill and up-cycling it into something beautiful is the ultimate for me. I am a great lover of Trees and consider this process to be one of respect and acknowledgement to the life of the Pines.

FROM THIS......


.......TO THIS.


It is an honour to create something that is to be enjoyed and appreciated, made a part of someone's home.  As an artist I believe that a piece of art that speaks to the Soul and Spirit of a person is more than an object, it is something to lift the Spirit and re-connect us with the beauty that abides within us all. This can be considered as an asset to our quality of life. 


I began my wood work journey simply wanting to have a timber bath tray. I couldn't find anything local or on the internet so I decided to make my own. Still I cannot believe how much enjoyment I get from using a drop saw! So now when I take a bath I have noticed that I stay in the bath a lot longer than I would normally. Having everything I need for my bath gathered in front of me on my bath tray enriches the experience of relaxation and sheer indulgence. Living in a small country town jobs are pretty thin on the ground, so this is an opportunity to create work for myself. A marriage made in Heaven!

To see more of my timber art or if you wish to make a purchase go to Wildwood Art Designs on Facebook or simply click on 'Gallery and Prices' page on sidebar.




8 comments:

  1. What a great simple design for over the bath. I can see the satisfaction of turning something ordinary into something of beauty and use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Home Maker, thanks for your comment, you are my first ever!! How good is that! And yes, it is surprising to see the difference it makes to the look of the bathroom as well. It adds warmth and character, not to mention a constant invitation to have a nice relaxing bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your timber art is lovely. It must be very satisfying creating such a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, thank you! My studio is my feel-good place, rough lengths of timber become sleek, pretty and functional. I get the chance to use wood work equipment as well as stains, paints and varnishes. Not to mention saving space at our local tip, and the pine trees that were cut down to make the pallets at least go on to become something more than rubbish. Cheers, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your timber creations and your garlic! We have been growing our own garlic for three years, and it makes a bit difference having organic garlic with no sprays! It is only when I mention this to people that they realise how random the growing of garlic is in many parts of the world. Good luck with both businesses, I'm sure you'll do well. Do you have some recipes of dishes made from your own garlic and turmeric?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gerrie, thank you for your comment here, it is lovely to hear from you. I have given you a reply within the new blog Long Weekend Lark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title of this post - your insight has resulted in a 'light bulb' moment for me! For the first time, I realised that the idea of transformation is a key life value for me and underpins the majority of my values and activities. From my Christian faith, to my profession as a teacher, when restoring old furniture and sewing the concept of transformation is a constant. I feel really blessed to have come across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melanie, thank you so much for sharing your light-bulb experience here. I agree, transformation is a constant in our life. When I recognize that it is there in front of me I do my best to go along with its flow to fully appreciate the chance I have for improvement - whether it is for me personally or for a piece of rough timber! Thanks again for taking the time to comment here, it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...