Tuesday 20 March 2018

The Final Goodbye

Finally after nearly a year's worth of hard work the bulk of our first garlic crop is headed off to the Brisbane Markets! Watching Rob amble down the driveway with our precious cargo is so rewarding to me. The thought of people making their dinner with our beautiful food has me feeling satisfied that we have become a positive influence on the standard of food offered to the Australian consumer.

We are members of the more recently formed Kyogle Garlic Group - click this link to view the website showing a video of us on our farm. Our market contact has been arranged for us by Lyla Nolan who heads this group. I also sell the garlic on-line to help reach as many people as possible. The local Buy Swap and Sell Facebook pages have been invaluable in achieving this.

You can follow more of our journey on our Facebook Page Hermits Peak Produce.


Rob loads the garlic up onto our truck



Destined for the dinner plates of our fellow Aussies!




















































Now we are looking at preparing the ground for our next crop to be planted asap while the turmeric crop is due to be pulled up in June.

Meanwhile I am itching to get back to the studio so I can be creating my art. Autumn is pulling me towards water colours and the autumn leaves. Below is a bowl of Autumn leaves I bought home with me from Stirling in the Adelaide Hills last year.

My Facebook page for all things arty is Wildwood Art Designs.
https://www.facebook.com/oakandcrow/







No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...