Thursday 5 April 2018

From Studio to Sales





Sitting in my Studio beginning work on a newly stained piece of timber always brings my mind to a peaceful, still place. Mindfulness is a pursuit I have been engaging in for quite a few years now. To have my mind quietly focused on the task at hand brings me a sublime relief. Even just the preparation to begin the work has it's own reward. It is almost like a body memory: choosing the paint and brush and clearing the table is like a cue to allow the quiet of the Studio to permeate my awareness.
Some days I paint to the sound of birds, breezes, the odd moo in the distance. Other days, I kick start my senses with music and let myself flow within it.
Here is my Mindfulness Teacher's blog offering a wealth of information and guidance on Mindfulness:  Shakti Burke http://www.joyfulmind.net.au/



Jackie Shaw of "Indoor" Delights with our Mayoress Danielle Mulholland

Indoor Delights is a beautiful shop in Kyogle New South Wales specializing in indoor plants, home décor, arts and craft. The lovely Jackie Shaw now has my Timber Art displayed in her shop for locals and visitors to purchase. Indoor Delights is to be found at the IGA end of town in between Sanchez Unique Leather and Ruby's Café.


Some of my timber wares for sale in Jackie's Shop "Indoor Delights"

As a small business owner I need to get my wares out into the world. Having a local outlet is incredibly helpful while on-line sales are another way to go. Being at the beginning of my venture here I am finding out what works for me. At the end of the day we all need to put food on our table and this is one way I am able to accomplish that. It is amazing how many people do in fact work from home these days. After decades of working 'out there' in the work force the chance to work from home is such a welcome one. 


"Home Sweet Home"












4 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear of you enjoying your art with the added bonus of mindful ease, Lisa. I'm loving the heart stenciled piece you gave me on dad's passing.  My eye often traces its whimsical design. Much  love, Shakti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shakti, your classes have added so much quality to my life and I thank you for that. My art is just one example of how I can incorporate it into my day. I am glad you are enjoying the timber heart art, even the smaller ones seem to create a lovely presence in the home particularly when they have a heart felt significance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great work getting your stock in the shop. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I hope so too. Someone suggested I also take some pieces to another shop over on the coast where there is a high number of tourists going through so I will check that out as well. It is an exercise is courage at times to front up to someone like that and ask them to sell your wares!

    ReplyDelete

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...