Wednesday 11 April 2018

Woody Inspirations and Cow Manure Compost

The finished piece.


This is the large heart I started last week-  stained, painted, varnished and ready to hang.

Yesterday I began on the prototype for a new product which  I have had in mind for a while. When we pull apart the pallets I have to make something according to the sizing of the timber. There are a whole lot of planks there that are too small for bath trays and too thick for wall hangings. I am thinking this new product will be perfect for these shorter pieces of pallet wood.

I spent time planing, sanding and clamping yesterday so today I continue working out measurements for the sides to this thing. I get such a thrill matching the timber together to make the perfect piece! When it is finished I will post a photo for you. 

The mystery piece!

Last weekend Rob turned in 4 tonne of cow manure compost with the help of Rosie the tractor dog. This is for our next garlic crop which we are planting this weekend - all 250 kilos of it. 




Rob and Rosie hard at work.

Turning in four tons of cow manure compost.

While the cow manure compost is being distributed at the back of the paddock Doug resumes spying on the neighbours.





Stay tuned.... 😉



2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of compost! The soil there looks amazing. Good luck with the garlic planting - looks like a big job. I just put mine in at my newly cleared strip of garden plot. I only had space for 40 cloves so now I'm motivated to get a bit more couch cleared and cloves in before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was a lot of compost! We turned it into the soil straight away to avoid the aroma! All a part of farming I suppose. Good on you for getting those cloves in, nothing beats home grown. The taste is just incredible when it hasn't been through the usual de-naturing processes. I expect by next week we will both be seeing the garlic shoots coming up through the compost.

    ReplyDelete

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...