Thursday 21 June 2018

Mid-Winter musings

Mid-Winter is here in all it's splendor. There is a hushed stillness in the air as the Earth makes a long slow exhale. This is the perfect time for us all to make that inward journey deep inside ourselves to converse with our own deep wisdom - just like the occasional final dropping of a leaf from a tree as we plot our way forward into the eventual Spring time. I have been doing my bit by birthing the new while sitting by the fire, cat on lap, pumpkin soup bowl cradled in my grateful hands. 

As I mentioned in my last blog I have an announcement to make. After much thinking and wondering I have opened my own Etsy Shop! It is still in it's fledgling stage as I discover the necessity for things like the best photos possible. On the weekend we purchased a good second hand camera so that I can up-grade the photos I have already.

So please jump on line and check it out. The name is WildWoodArtShop and you can find it here . If you like it please press the 'Favourite' button and share it. As a brand spanking new shop it requires that critical element which is your presence. Much like the first breathe of life!



Meanwhile the turmeric has taken some good hits from the frosts indicating to us that it is ready to be harvested. When we get orders from customers we pull it up, wash it, trim it, separate it and dry it before sending it off. 


The garlic is coming along nicely as shown in the Winter sunshine here. Thanks to serious mulching we eliminate most weeds and the need for any chemicals.


Molly inspects the crops to see if there is anything wriggling in there. Thankfully the local snake population is sound asleep right now.


Wishing you all a cosy weekend and don't forget to have a look at my shop WildWoodArtShop  I appreciate your support very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...