Friday 15 June 2018

Fun at the Markets

The Green Marquee did not disappoint.  Our Russian Garlic was a hit. It is popĆ¹lar as a garlic that is milder in taste than other varieties, it is in fact from the leek family. I have Italian friends who love it. My assumption was that they would prefer the stronger traditional garlic, but no. In fact it passes the taste test with them as they eat it in the raw state as soon as they are given it! Yes, it brings tears to my eyes just at the thought too! We had other produce picked fresh from the garden on the morning of the market. Chillies, two kinds of lemons and limes. The turmeric powder and whole turmeric did some selling as well.

Once we had set up I poured myself a hot cup of tea from the thermos, sat myself down and took a deep breath while Rob took photos.
Rob is an old hand at markets as he has done them on behalf of his work over the years. It is good to have someone along who knows the ropes and doesn't hesitate to chat with people. It was lovely to meet other stall holders too. This is as much the chance to socialize with like minded people as it is to sell our produce. The theme of this market is up-cycled, hand made and home grown so we fit right in!
I must say it is a lot of fun arranging our wares to show them off and entice the customers. Writing and drawing on a blackboard takes me back to my childhood. It is still lots of fun!
There was interest and appreciation in my timber art as well. It is always a nice feeling watching customers walking away with something I have made, knowing it is going to be enjoyed in someone else's home.

I must say the food available was absolutely delicious, healthy and fresh. There was even a dairy free, gluten free icecream truck. I tested it out to make sure it was the real deal... the flavour was lamington and yes it was incredible!  As always there was awesome music until the market finished at 7 p.m.

Tonights veggies ready for the oven. A liberal sprinkling of turmeric powder and black pepper. The pepper allows the turmeric to be absorbed into the body by 1000 times more than turmeric eaten on its own. Tangy and delish!

Next blog I have some exciting news!! I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing over this for a long time and finally I have done it! Details next time.

Have a wonderful Winter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...