Saturday 1 December 2018

Follow the White Garlic....er...Rabbit

It is officially down time around here. We have worked hard to bring in and process the garlic crop so it is that feeling of slowly going around and cleaning up, making everything shiny again. It is terribly hot outside already and it is only the first day of Summer.

I made the decision several years ago to install a small air conditioner into the studio - a decision we rejoice in every Summer!

Except Maggie. Maggie doesn't care.


I have been cleaning out and re-organizing the studio to allow for a quiet corner that is designed specifically for quiet contemplation. From the chair I am looking straight out into the garden and at the distant mountain. 

It is time to clear the decks for my next body of work. Parts of it I have never done before so I expect it will take time to develop. I have decided it can take as long as it needs.  Rushing and stressing are not my favourite states of mind. I have dedicated many years to re-training my mind to welcome all that is slow and relaxed. Rushing and stressing just impedes the creative process anyway.


Last year's Liquid Ambar branches from across the road are leaning in the corner behind the chair. I am eyeing off a pretty foot stool to add to the general comfort of this spot!


If you look carefully you can see Molly photo-bombing next to the apple tree.

When my mum came to visit recently she helped me replenish the flowers on the front verandah. Here is a happy snap of the Begonias. They are going really well to say they get plenty of sun and heat. Mum was right! This is a good spot for them.

Writing this blog serves me in several ways: it helps me to put 'out there' what we are doing in the way of Art and Organic Farming. It also uplifts me by making me highlight to myself all that I am grateful for in my life. It really is the small things!
Have a great weekend whatever you are doing and remember to follow that white rabbit, if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...