Monday 26 November 2018

Done and Dusted

This years crop is done. It has been easier than last year's efforts because we didn't have any significant rain. Last year a lot of time was invested in hosing mud off of hundreds of kilos of garlic before we could even begin processing it.


It has taken a full two weeks from go to whoah to bring this lot in, so now it is time to catch up with everything else on the farm that needs seeing to.

This part of the crop has been suspended from our main shed to dry. Fans are on it all day as circulation of air is critical during the drying process.


What we have here are the ones that we will use for seed next year. These are the ones that are 'un-sellable' because the bulb is already splitting apart.

Art-wise I have been developing new ideas for my mandalas. This will take some time while I work out how to translate what is in my head onto paper or timber.

Right now I am washing Doug's summer pyjamas, which of course will need mending before I can put them back on.


He always looks strangely naked without his rug. I am very happy though with how well conditioned he is after Winter.

So now I have about a thousand things to do - have a brilliant week and chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...