Sunday 18 November 2018

No Vampires On Us

Meet Stan. This garlic is the biggest we have ever grown and I felt he had such a presence that I should name him.


Tipping the scales at .927 grams, just short of a kilo.


I can barely get my hand around it.


This is my work station this year with plenty of air flow as it is quite hot here in the sub-tropics.

Once it has been dug up from the ground Rob brings it in to hang up ready for processing.




Every single piece of garlic has to be trimmed of leaves and root system. We have completed about 200 kilos with about 500 or more to go. 


They all end up a crisp clean white after a layer or two has been peeled off. Molly keeps an eye on things to make sure we are getting it right.


This is my view from the 'office'. 


We had a storm roll in and I couldn't resist taking a photo of the incredible cloud formations.


This is after the storm. You can see it rolling away from us and toward South East Queensland.


That's enough of the chit chat, I have to get back to work. Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...