Friday 20 July 2018

Intentions

It is about this time of year when I begin to think about my intentions for the coming season. What will I plant in the garden? What will I do for exercise? What will I do to enrich my business? For now, I have created an intention board. 


Over the decades I have learned many styles of spiritual, mindful practices. The area I pay attention to these days is literally that - what do I pay attention to? 


The intention board is something that can be used to focus your wishes and dreams on - to see the physical representations of what you want to develop in your life. These crystals have different meanings which lend them to different uses. The shape of the mandala lends itself to having specific places for these crystals to sit, whether it be the four directions which have their own significance or simply because that place feels right.


While I have plenty of background knowledge on these things I am a 'feel right' kind of a person. I know that my intention and deep feeling for what I want the stones to be used for is key in bringing about my end result. You could use shells or beads if you wanted to. This board is the prototype for a new piece I am developing for my Etsy shop. 


Meanwhile, here we have minutes before dawn and Doug seriously considers leg warmers.


The sun lights up parts of the garden as it begins to rise in the sky showing contrast with the frost.



This year my turmeric work station is outside under the carport. So far we have processed a third of the crop.


Wishing you all a cosy weekend in the Southern Hemisphere and a lovely warm weekend in the Northern Hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...