Friday 13 July 2018

Timber Time

New colours and new timbers are being added to my repertoire of timber art. When the crops are ready we have to make them a priority, so I have been pining for my studio (pun intended!)  However this week has been dedicated almost entirely to creating art and the turmeric processing hardly had a look in.


I am experimenting with new colours and some of it is on a new timber board. It has of course been made from sustainable forests.



For a long time I have been toying with the idea of different colours, so the grey and blue/green boards above show the effect created when white is painted on top.


I love the rich red paint on the natural timber colour, but then the white on stained timber will probably always be my favourite.


These efforts are a rough experiment to see what is possible and what looks best. I am trying new techniques which requires practice so the ones that are final for sale will be better than these ones.



I just love the contrasting timbers here.



There is something very special I have in mind for this one. In the coming weeks all will be revealed.

Meanwhile, if you would like to purchase turmeric straight from the farmer (that's us...) it is $25 per kilo plus postage. The powdered form is $16 per 100 grams and $10 per 50 grams plus postage. Buying from us you know it is local to Australia and there have been no sprays or chemicals used in any part of the process.




Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...