Friday 27 July 2018

Art fest

Here we are on the brink of the eclipse of the century, the wind is blowing a gale and there is an eerie sense of something otherworldly out there.
My intention is to breeze through it all the best I can by creating art.



I have been busy as a bee creating this bee intention board, decorating it and photographing it. This timber art is leading me down a pathway I didn't expect to find. Art, for me, has become the art, plus flowers, rocks, crystals and photography. Recently I bought a second hand Nikon which takes much better photos for me than my previous attempts with the tablet.



There is no way that there can be too much beauty in this world and I am doing my bit to try and add to what nature has already given us. I visited Europe not long after Chernobyl 33 years ago having it in mind that it might be my last chance to see the landscapes there as someone might decide to destroy it. I looked at it all with extra appreciative eyes. Scandinavia and Scotland blew me away with it's voluptuous beauty and I am forever changed for having seen it, felt it, slept on it in my tent. 


It was important to me to be able to feel the rhythm of the earth while I slept in this hauntingly beautiful place. This is a photo of my 24 year old self looking out of my tent at Norway's fjord and mountains. I can recall that there was snow being scurried along at the top by a lazy wind.

I just assumed that the water was safe to drink!



I will be filling my Etsy shop with these boards and wall hangings next week so stay tuned.

Have a wonderful weekend and if you are up early enough, enjoy that incredible view of fiery Mars sitting above the fiery Moon tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to hear from readers, your comments are always appreciated. Comments will be reviewed before publishing.

Holiday Cheer and Tomatoes

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season.   Tomatoes from our wicking beds are cut in half and placed on baking trays. Add to thi...